Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blog Responses for Abe and Katherine

 

Katherine,

 

From the first sentence you really drew me into your post.  The funny thing is I am exactly the same when it does to doing my work.  I am sure we are not the only ones. 

 

I thought your whole idea about how we rely so much on digital objects to keep us going and get through the day was really interesting, Your completely right though we do and we don’t realize that all of these objects will one day die just like humans do.  Maybe that’s why we are so drawn to them the idea of something lasting and not breaking down on us?

As I said before the way you do your homework is the way I do mine.  Surprisingly enough though at this moment my itunes isn’t playing and my phone isn’t beeping from texts.  I actually feel like I can get my work done a lot faster without the distraction.  I’m not picking and choosing songs, or talking to someone about something that could wait. 

 

I think you have a great start.  I think you could expand on this whole idea of what perfection is and how once your object stops being perfect how we react as addicts.  You could explore the whole idea of why companies make objects imperfect and how they map it out so it lasts for just the right amount of time so we trust them to buy another one.

 

I remember when I got my first I-pod it was in 5th grade and it was the mini I-pod.  A year later they came out with the new I-pod and I wanted it so bad.  Even though mine was still in perfect condition and worked perfectly fine.  Even at that age I was already part of this addiction!

 

I enjoyed reading your post.  Keep up the good work!


Abraham,

 

I really liked reading your Blog.  I liked your tone in the passage and found in a sense almost sarcastic but serious at the same time.  (I hope that makes sense).

 

A section that really drew me in was your paragraph about your cousin and uncle getting lost.  I smiled but it really isn’t something that one should find humor in.  I am sure they must of felt pretty stupid, I know I would of.  It also made me think about our discussion today in class, and what makes people stupid?  Why couldn’t they just use a map?  Was it because they were too lazy and before they knew it they were already too late, and in another state!

 

I am pretty sure that the point you were trying to get across was that technology is both bad and good at the same time.  You connected it to yourself and how you think the reason why you have bad handwriting and grammar is due to your computer use.  You did talk about though how you feel as though it has made either staying in contact or getting back into contact much easier. 

 

A couple of weeks ago I went to the eye doctor and she was looking at my eyes and could tell that I use the computer a lot.  Isn’t that crazy! You are right it really does have an affect on our vision.  It’s doing a lot worse for our vision than good.  Maybe we should buy more books and fewer computers.  I am sure our vocabularies would grow verses our need for speed information skills. 

 

Going back to the eyes.  Maybe you could do some research about what scientists predict will happen to peoples vision and eyes after years of computer use.  I think that would something really interesting to expand on. 

 

Personally for me after reading your blog, and listening to what everyone has said, I really want this addiction for digital to end.  It honestly makes me feel sick and when I do use technology I feel like I am committing a crime.  Maybe if we all got that feeling things would come to an end?

 

Yay to Abraham! Nice post! Keep expanding your thoughts! J

No comments:

Post a Comment