Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Video Comments

To be quite honest my first thought when I watched my video over was: are my eyes going in different directions? I was getting mad at myself for the facial expressions I was making.  Recording yourself makes you notice certain elements about yourself you normally would not.  While I was making this it reminded me of making video messages on Facebook. People sit in front of their computers alone talking to themselves, and then watch the video they created to waste time.  It gives you this sense of feeling really awkward, I used to make videos all the time.  It was fun you could sing a song, recite some long speech to your fb friends and then wait for them to respond back in video format.  Then my camera stopped working and my sound stopped working, and my video making days were over.  Now whenever I make a video I don't know what to do, and when I watch it I critic myself.  Why do we have to make videos? Is it so we can relive that moment over and over and over again? Or is it so we can take a closer look at ourselves to pick out our flaws and waste more time worrying about appearance verses worrying about the knowledge we know? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah,

    I thought that your video was fine. I didn’t notice the eye thing until I read your comment for the video. And even afterward it is barely noticeable unless you look for it specifically. I also like how you asked questions and questioned your motives for doing videos in the past. You also noticed that you were nit picking at the video. I also like how the video show how you were multi tasking you were using the computer and then half way through you started to text. They tone of the post was overall very direct. You stated how you felt and questions you had when you watched your video. That made the video more real. And last of all I appreciate the questions you asked.

    The overall idea of the video and post was that we do things that do don’t notice and that was sometimes do things without intention. When you questioned you motives for doing video messages of Facebook before you stated how you did it because you could and because everyone was doing it. But a part of you also thought it was cool and fun to do. All of the video and digital you were doing was used to talk to someone else. But the biggest idea I think I got from watching and reading the post was the question WHY? Why do we critic ourselves? Why do we make Facebook videos and why should we care? I think these are all valid questions that the reader should keep in mind and think about. One reason I came up with is to waste time.
    I would rather do anything else then homework or any other work sometimes. If you spend your time busy doing other stuff that isn’t needed then when it is time to do Homework our excuse is I don’t have time. I usually do my homework last minute. If a paper is due next Monday I will not start until the Sunday before and by that time I am usually screwed. And applies to other work to. When my parents ask me to clean the house up I usually say I don’t have time for it I have to do homework.

    All of you questions got my thinking about our motive. We all mostly agree that the digital is bad for us but yet we can’t stop. We say that we are addicted but we don’t know why. And I think if we can figure out the why then be can begin to try to fix this problem if we wanted to.

    I like you post but I think that if it was longer and you had developed your ideas more that you would have a much richer post. One thing you could add is maybe what a friend thought about the answers to your questions or expand on what you thought was the answer. I think detail would help the reader connect more and have more ideas when they read your post. A detail you could add is maybe a story like you last post. Anything that would help me and anyone else get an even further understanding. It would also help people develop more idea base on what you wrote.

    Great Post/video Sarah. Look forward to reading the next one to get more ideas.

    ReplyDelete